A facial steam is an easy and effective way to remove dirt and oils. It also helps to unclog and cleanse pores.
Adding herbs, teas, and even fruits can add to the cleansing effects of the steam giving the benefit of multiple home acne remedies. Using different combinations is a way to customize the effects you will get from the vapor. Applying an essential oil like tea tree oil after a weekly steam then will help to get rid of blackheads.
All you need to make this home acne remedy are a pot, a bowl that is safe to pour hot water in, two tablespoons of green tea, about a quarter cup of fresh parsley, and half an orange ripped into small pieces. Use an orange peel that is fresh and looks orange not yellow or yellow-ish brown.
- Wash your face with a clenaser before steaming.
- Put three cups of water in a pot.
- Add the fresh parsley to the pot.
- Add the ripped up orange peel.
- Put the pot on the stove to boil.
- Let the water boil for a minute.
- Then pour it into the bowl.
- Keep your eyes and mouth closed
- Keep your face about twelve inches away from the water.
- Steam your face for ten to fifteen minutes.
Place the bowl on a pot holder or towel to keep from damaging the surface of a table or counter top.
Steaming also loosens up blackheads. Using parsley, orange peels, and green tea in a face steam once a week will help to get rid of blackheads.